What lighting does Brilliant support?
Brilliant supports permanent lighting, such as recessed bulbs and fluorescent fixtures.
We support LED, CFL, halogen, and incandescent bulbs.
What are the wattage limits for Brilliant?
- LED/CFL/Electronic Ballast lighting systems that are under 150W per switch are supported.
- Maximum wattage for the circuit where you are installing the Brilliant Control is 300W. This is equivalent to about 20 LED bulbs.
What configurations does Brilliant support?
- SPST (Single Pole Single Throw)
- Three-way configurations - more information can be found here.
Recommendations from Brilliant
- When connecting to ceiling fans and other motor-driven appliances, you should evaluate whether you need any extra surge protection. These types of appliances should only be configured as on/off devices, and should not be dimmed or adjusted for speed.
- The dimming option will work with incandescent, halogen, or dimmable CFL or dimmable LED bulbs.
- Not all CFL and LED bulbs are rated as dimmable, so be sure to check on the box that came with your bulb, or consult the manufacturer.
What does Brilliant not support?
- Magnetic low voltage (MLV) lighting systems are not supported.
0-10V dimming systems are not supported.
Dimming of standard fluorescent ballasts is not supported.
No 3-Wire dimming systems are supported
We recommend against using the Brilliant Control with moveable lamps and transformer-supplied appliances.