What is a "Leak Detected" Alert?
Leak Detected alerts are provided on the Brilliant Command Center to notify when a leak is detected in a unit on your property.
This alert is automatically included if your building is equipped with Honeywell Leak Detectors.
How do Leak Detected Alerts work?
To ensure that your Leak Detected Alert is working properly, for each unit, please be sure that the:
- Honeywell Leak Detector is connected to the internet
- Brilliant Control is connected to the internet
- Honeywell integration is authorized on the Brilliant Control
- Note: This should be the unique account for the unit on the Resideo mobile app (formerly Honeywell Home).
When a leak is detected in a unit in your building, you will see the following:
- Leak Detected Alert
- Access this alert by clicking on the bell icon in the top right corner of the Brilliant Command Center.
- Tap on the alert to see more details.
- Leak Detected Tag
- An alert tag will be shown on the page listing all units for a given property.
- An alert tag will be shown on the page that shows the details for a specific unit.
- Leak Detected Banner
- A banner will be displayed on the page that shows the details for a specific unit.
- Tap on the banner to see more details
- Leak Detected Notification (if enabled)
- A Leak Detected notification will be sent via email and/or text to all Admins of your Brilliant Command Center organization that have this type of notification enabled.
How do I resolve a Leak Detected Alert?
To resolve a Leak Detected alert, you must go to the unit and disable the leak alarm on the device.
NOTE: It may take up to 10 minutes for the alert to stop showing on the Brilliant Command Center after resolving the issue. If you have Leak Detected notifications enabled for your Brilliant Admin account, you will receive an "Leak Resolved" notification after resolving the issue.