What is a "Climate Issue" Alert?
Climate Issue alert are provided on the Brilliant Command Center to notify when an unusual temperature is detected in your property. In particular, the alert is triggered when a thermostat detects a temperature under 50°F or over 90°F.
This alert is automatically included if your building is equipped with Honeywell, Ecobee, or Google Nest thermostats.
How do Climate Issue Alerts work?
To ensure that your Climate Issue Alert is working properly, for each unit, please be sure that the:
- Smart Thermostat is connected to the internet.
- Brilliant Control is connected to the internet.
- Smart Thermostat integration is authorized on the Brilliant Control.
- Note: This should be the unique account for the unit on the Resideo mobile app (formerly Honeywell Home).
When an unusual temperature is detected in a unit in your building, you will see the following:
- Climate Issue Alert
- Access this alert by clicking on the bell icon in the top right corner of the Brilliant Command Center.
- Tap on the alert to see more details.
- Climate Issue Tag
- An alert tag will be shown on the page listing all units for a given property.
- An alert tag will be shown on the page that shows the details for a specific unit.
- Climate Issue Banner
- A banner will be displayed on the page that shows the details for a specific unit.
- Tap on the banner to see more details.
- Climate Issue Notification (if enabled)
- A Climate Issue notification will be sent via email and/or text to all Admins of your Brilliant Command Center organization that have this type of notification enabled.
How do I resolve a Climate Issue Alert?
To resolve a Climate Issue Alert, you must ensure that the Smart Thermostat detects a temperature in the relevant unit between 50°F and 90°F. We recommend that you go to the unit to ensure that your assets have not been damaged due to the extreme climate.
If the unit is vacant, you can use your Brilliant Mobile app to adjust the temperature remotely.
NOTE: It may take up to 10 minutes for the alert to stop showing on the Brilliant Command Center after resolving the issue. If you have climate issue notifications enabled for your Brilliant Admin account, you will receive a "Climate Issue Resolved" notification after resolving the issue.