Brilliant’s integration with Entrata’s property management software (PMS) simplifies your property staff’s workflow by synchronizing the state of your property, units, and residents across both platforms.
Using the integration, property staff can perform daily management tasks entirely in Entrata and Brilliant will automatically update your property’s Brilliant ecosystem behind the scenes.
How do I integrate Entrata with the Brilliant Command Center?
Brilliant can be linked to one or more properties managed through Entrata’s property management software (PMS) from the Entrata app store.
To link Brilliant with your properties managed through Entrata:
- Log in to your organization’s Entrata PMS account as an admin.
- Select the Apps tab on the navigation bar.
- Under Apps → App Store, select 3rd-Party Apps.
- Find “Brilliant Smart Home” in the list of 3rd-Party Apps and click Add to Property.
- Click Manage Apps on the right side of the screen.
- Select all properties that you want to link with Brilliant and click Submit.
- After reviewing the terms and conditions, click Allow Access and then Finish.
- Click Go to New App.
In the Brilliant app window, enter and submit your Brilliant account credentials.
What happens after I link a property in Entrata with Brilliant?
After Brilliant is linked with a property in Entrata, Brilliant will automatically create a corresponding property in the Brilliant Command Center that is synchronized with the linked property from Entrata.
The property created by Brilliant will include a unit for each unit in the linked property from Entrata. Once created, Brilliant devices can be installed and configured for these units by following the instructions outlined in our support article on installation instructions for multifamily.
When lease information is updated for a unit in Entrata, Brilliant will automatically update the corresponding unit in the Brilliant Command Center. This includes adding and removing residents from their unit’s Brilliant homes, as described in more detail in the next two sections.
More information on resident transitions can also be found in our support article on resident transitions.
Brilliant will not invite residents to a unit until the unit’s installation has been “marked as complete in the Brilliant mobile app.
How will new residents get access to Brilliant when they move in?
After a new resident is added to a unit’s lease in Entrata, Brilliant will automatically:
- Associate the resident with their corresponding unit and any applicable access permissions in Brilliant.
- Send the resident an invite email to join their unit’s Brilliant home and start using Brilliant.
- After the resident accepts the invite:
- Reconfigure the unit’s Brilliant devices with the new resident configuration as described in our support article on resident transitions.
- Assign any applicable access permissions to the resident for getting access to their unit and relevant common areas.
Brilliant will not invite residents to a unit until the unit’s installation has been “marked as complete” in the Brilliant mobile app.
How do I revoke a resident’s access to Brilliant when they move out?
When a resident’s lease ends in Entrata, Brilliant will automatically:
- Remove the resident from their corresponding unit in Brilliant.
- Revoke the resident’s access to their unit’s smart devices and any applicable access permissions.
- Reconfigure the unit’s Brilliant devices with the vacant configuration as described in our support article on resident transitions.
What happens if there is a change in residents on an existing lease?
Brilliant will not trigger a move out and reconfigure a unit’s Brilliant devices with the vacant configuration as long as at least one current resident in the Brilliant Command Center remains on the existing lease in Entrata.
If a resident is removed from the unit’s existing lease in Entrata while at least one resident remains, Brilliant will remove the relevant resident without triggering a move out. Similarly, if a resident is added to the unit’s existing lease in Entrata, Brilliant will invite the new resident to join the unit’s Brilliant home without triggering a move in.
Only if Brilliant detects that all of a unit’s current residents in the Brilliant Command Center have been removed from the unit’s existing lease in Entrata will Brilliant trigger a move out and reconfigure the unit’s Brilliant devices with the vacant configuration. After reconfiguration completes, if there are one or more new residents on a new lease in Entrata Brilliant will start and move in and invite those new residents to join the unit’s Brilliant home.