How does Brilliant work with your Google Nest
Once you connect your Google Nest account to the Brilliant Home, you can control your device by:
- Tapping Climate from the Home Screen and choosing your Google Nest device to control your home climate
- Tapping Rooms and visiting a room with a Google Nest thermostat in it to control your home climate
- Using Alexa once you have your Brilliant Alexa Experience set up AND Google Nest Alexa Skill enabled to control your home climate
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your Google Nest Thermostat
- Using the Brilliant Mobile App to control your Google Nest thermostat
- Viewing the live video on your Brilliant Control for your Google Nest Cameras & Doorbells
- Receiving doorbell notifications on your Brilliant Control when your Google Nest Doorbell is rung
- two-way audio is not supported via Nest doorbell
Setting up your Google Nest with Brilliant
Before you begin, make sure your Google Nest device is set up within your Nest App.
Then, go back to your Brilliant Control and follow the steps below:
- Tap "Rooms"
- Tap "Add New Device" on the bottom tray
- Tap "Google Nest"
- Check your email for a message from Brilliant.
- Follow the instructions to log into your Google account and grant Brilliant permission to all Google Nest permissions in order for the integration to function.
- NOTE: The Google Nest integration on Brilliant requires a Google Account.
- Tap the Google Nest device(s) you'd like to add to each room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions on the Brilliant Control.
Deleting a Google Nest device from your Home
- Tap "Rooms"
- Tap the pencil icon the top right corner
- Tap the trash icon to the right of the device name
- A window will pop up, "Are you sure?" click "Yes"
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your Google Nest device on Brilliant
- Have you migrated your Nest account to Google? See here for more details.
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your Nest configuration on your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your Nest device, follow the instructions here.
- To change the account permissions for Google Nest devices in your Brilliant Home, please visit the Google Partner Connection Manager.