What is the HomeKit Integration on Brilliant?
HomeKit is the smart home platform accessible through Apple devices and software - namely the Apple Home App, HomePod, or through Siri.
This integration will allow you to control loads that are directly wired to the Brilliant Control, Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switches, and Brilliant Smart Plugs from your Apple Home app, HomePod, or through Siri.
This will allow loads that are directly wired to your Brilliant like lights (dimmable or not) or on/off devices (ex. fans) to show up as HomeKit accessories and be included in scenes and automation within the Apple Home experience.
Note: smart bulbs like Hue/LIFX that are directly wired as a Brilliant Control or Brilliant Switch load would be configured as an "Always On" load from the Brilliant side, and would need to be set up as HomeKit accessories from the LIFX and Hue app.
What does the HomeKit Integration on Brilliant not support?
- Apple currently does not provide support for non-Apple devices to display and control HomeKit devices on their interface. We will continue to work with Apple to see if this can be possible in the future.
How do I set my Brilliant Devices up with HomeKit?
- Each control you have will need to be set up with HomeKit to have the devices directly connected to it show up in your Apple Home experience. This is because each Control is an individual device to be authorized through the Apple Home app.
- When you set up your Brilliant Control for the first time, you will be asked if you would like to set up HomeKit as part of the onboarding process.
- If you have already set up your Brilliant Control, please visit Settings > Works With > HomeKit and follow the instructions listed there.
- You will be first asked to connect loads tied to the Control
- Then, if you have not yet connected your Brilliant Dimmer Switches and Plugs, you will be asked that as well.
- Once you have made these choices, you will be asked to scan the QR code using your Home app.
How do I disable HomeKit after I've set it up?
To disable, visit Settings > Works With > Apple HomeKit and tap "Reset Integration". This will remove the specific device's integration with HomeKit.
I've connected my Switches and Plugs through HomeKit, but they don't seem to show up anymore. Why is that?
- Your Dimmer Switches and Plugs have an owner, a Control, that surfaces these devices through HomeKit.
- In the event that your Dimmer Switches and Plugs are no longer controllable through your Apple Home experience, check that the Control owner is still online. If not, it will show one of these messages in the Works With > HomeKit screen.