How does Brilliant integrate with Lutron?
Lutron Caséta and Serena devices are supported on Brilliant via SmartThings.
You can find the full list of Lutron devices that are supported via SmartThings here: https://www.smartthings.com/partners/lutron
It will require:
- Lutron Caséta Switches or Lutron Serena Shades.
- Lutron Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro.
- Your Lutron Devices must be able to be controlled from the Lutron Mobile app.
- Your SmartThings Mobile App must be able to discover and control them.
- Note: The Smart Bridge typically has a 75-device limit.
Set this up using your SmartThings App and your Brilliant Control:
Make sure your Lutron devices work on the SmartThings Mobile App:
- Install your Lutron Caséta/Serena devices and set it up on the Lutron Mobile App (iOS, Android).
- On your Lutron Mobile App: Verify that you can control your Lutron devices.
- Open your SmartThings Mobile App (iOS, Android).
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Create / Log into your Samsung account
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Add your Lutron Devices to your Samsung SmartThings App. For more info describing this process, please visit this article.
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Verify that the devices are discovered and operating as expected on the SmartThings App.
Add Lutron devices to Brilliant through SmartThings:
- On your Brilliant Control or mobile app: Tap on Rooms > [Select a Room] > Add Devices > SmartThings.
- On your Brilliant Control or mobile app: You will be taken to a screen (web view) that allows you to log into your Samsung Account - Please log in.
- On your Brilliant Control or mobile app:: You will be asked which SmartThings-connected devices can be discovered by Brilliant. This list will display within a web view on your Control and should include all lights, switches, shades, and locks that you have discovered on your SmartThings app in step #3.
- On your Brilliant Control or mobile app: Confirm to authorize these devices from the SmartThings web view.
- On your Brilliant Control or mobile app: You will be taken back through the add device flow to finish setting them up (by adding to rooms and any additional options).
- (Optional) On your Brilliant Control: If your device is a Light and would like it to show up as one, please select the checkbox that says indicates it is a light during this step.
- Your devices will now show up on Brilliant - both the control and mobile app, and you can use them as expected across sliders, scenes, and device control.
Deleting a Lutron Device from the Room
1. Tap "Rooms".
2. Choose a room.
4. Tap the button that looks like a pencil in the top right corner to edit.
5. Tap the trash can to the right of the device name.
6. A window will pop up, "Are you sure?" click "Yes".