Advanced Device Settings
As of the v19.04.10 release, you have the ability to do the following actions from your Brilliant Control:
- Remove or "Hide" your Device: Use this if you have a device that you want to remove from your home and would like it to never appear again unless requested. See more here.
- Reset Device Settings: Use this if you want to reset the settings on the device and have it re-appear the next time you attempt to discover it or when Brilliant runs auto-discovery of third-party devices. See more here.
- Reset your Device Name: Reset your device name to the original name from the manufacturer's app.
Reset your Device Name
This is available on the Brilliant Control AND on the Mobile App.
- On the home screen, tap the "Home" button in the bottom tray.
- Visit the room your device is in.
- Tap on the pencil icon in the top right.
- Tap on the pencil icon to enter Device Settings
- Under Device Settings, you will see a section that says "Reset Device Name"
- Tap on "Reset Device Name" and confirm you would like to reset the name to the original name in the manufacturer's app.