The following article outlines things to check or try if you are having connecting your Brilliant Smart Dimmers to your home.
New Brilliant Smart Dimmer Install
- During an install, it's important to keep a few things in mind when installing your switches - you want to make sure your devices (Brilliant Controls, Dimmers, or Plugs) are no greater than 50 feet apart from each other since they rely on Brilliant's mesh network to communicate with each other.
- If you've recently installed your switch, depending on your home, it make take up to 15 minutes for your Brilliant Smart Dimmer to come online to be controlled through either your mobile app or any Brilliant Control.
- In the case that your device does not come online post-15 minutes, you want to try the following:
- Go to the Settings Gear on a Brilliant Control
- Go to Connectivity
- Toggle Wi-FI to select Updates
- Scroll Down - Press Advanced
- Press View Mesh Diagnostics
- In Mesh Diagnostics, find your Smart Dimmer name and in the dropdown menu, manually select the name of the control that's nearest to your Brilliant Smart Dimmer.
If after 15 minutes, if your device has not you may be installing your Smart Dimmer switch out of range.
- If none of the above works, please contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following:
- Description of the issue you are experiencing
- Distance between Smart Dimmer and nearest control
Existing Smart Dimmer Device
If your device was online and is showing as offline. to be added