How does Free Pairing mode without a QR Code work?
If you don't have a QR code, whether the QR code is unreadable due to wear or other reasons, there is a way to still connect to your switch without a QR code.
Through the mobile app, you will be able to connect to your Brilliant switch via Brilliant Mesh by following the steps below to place your device into this special "pairing" mode with a blinking blue LED.
If you opt for this pairing method, your Brilliant App will look for the specific Brilliant Switch in this mode to connect to.
How do I make sure my switch is in the right pairing mode?
In the Brilliant mobile app, after adding your device and light information, you should see a screen when in the "Connect" step of your installation that prompts you to either scan your QR code on the face of your switch, or opt choose to connect without a QR code.
Be sure to press "I Don't Have a Code" as shown in the screen below.
Steps to get your Switch in the correct mode
If you decide to connect to your switch without a QR code, follow along with these tips to help you in the process.
- Before you begin, make sure you see a blinking white light from the safety disconnect (the small LED light under the Brilliant Logo at the bottom).
- Next, pull out the plastic opaque piece where the LED shines through so that the LED actually turns off.
- When power is cut, push the plastic opaque piece (safety disconnect) back into the switch so it’s flush to the switch face. To maintain a secure setup experience, you will have about one minute to finish the next two steps, so the state you are putting your switch in will eventually time out.
- Now, place the length of your finger fully on the Non-slider portion and hold for 10 secs until the LED turns BLUE.
- Tip: it helps here to cover more surface area so use the entirety of your finger here. We recommend placing your finger on the non-slider portion, keep it on the flat surface and try not to move.
- After 10 seconds, your switch's LED should turn blue.
Tips During Connecting
- Once you place your switch into a mode where it has the Blue LED, press-ready and be sure to stand as close as possible to the switch.
- If there are multiple devices that you're seeing, the one that you're closest to will show up at the top.
- They are listed generically as "Brilliant Switch" and given a random number, but most likely your switch that you're trying to connect to will be at the top.