Google Nest Permissions
The Google Nest integration requires that you grant Brilliant permission to access information about your Google Nest device(s). Permissions can be set or changed:
- During the setup process when you are integrating Google Nest to Brilliant for the first time
- Using this link: https://nestservices.google.com/partnerconnections
- Using the Brilliant mobile app:
- Open Brilliant Mobile App
- Tap on the Room where the Google Nest device is assigned to
- Tap the Pencil icon in the top right corner
- Tap on the Settings icon on the Google Nest device row
- Tap the "Change Permissions" button
The chart below outlines the permissions that are required for the Google Nest integration on Brilliant.
|Permissions||Description||Why is this required?|
|Information about Home||Allow Brilliant to access information about your Google home.||
This is required to allow you to discover and add your Google Nest device(s) to Brilliant.
|Access & Control Device||Allow Brilliant to access information about your Google Nest device(s).||This is required to allow you to discover and add your Google Nest device(s) to Brilliant.|
|Live Stream||Allow Brilliant to access Camera/Doorbell device(s) and Live Stream.||This is required to allow you to discover your Google Nest device(s) AND to access Live View from your Brilliant Control.|
|Events||Allow Brilliant to access Camera/Doorbell events.||This is required to allow you to receive doorbell notifications on your Brilliant Control.|
|Snapshot||Allow Brilliant to access Doorbell snapshots.||This is required to allow you to see a preview image on your Brilliant Control when a doorbell notification is received.|
I already have Google Nest integrated, how do I add new Google Nest Devices to Brilliant?
To add your Google Nest devices to Brilliant, you will need to ensure you have granted Brilliant permission to access your Nest device’s information.
The following steps will direct you on how to edit or verify the permissions and add your devices:
- Go to the Google Partner Connections Manager
- Select Brilliant
- Enable all permissions for your devices
- Go to your Brilliant Control home screen
- Tap Add Device
- Tap Google Nest
- Follow the prompts to add your Google Nest devices to Brilliant
If you experience any issues or have general questions about adding your Google Nest devices to Brilliant, please reach out to our Customer Support team at email@example.com