How does Brilliant work with August Locks?
Once you connect your August account to the Brilliant Control, we find your August locks, and you let us know what room it is in.
You can access your lock by:
- Tapping Home and visiting a room with the lock in it to unlock/lock
- Using Alexa once you have your Brilliant Alexa Experience set up AND have your August Alexa Skill enabled to unlock/lock your door.
- If Ring is also connected and someone rings the doorbell, you will see a notification with the ability to both talk to the person outside and unlock/lock from that menu.
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your August Lock.
- Controlling your August Lock from the Brilliant Mobile App remotely.
Setting up your August Lock with Brilliant
Before you begin, use the August app to setup your August Lock and August Connect. The August Connect Wifi Bridge is required to use August with Brilliant.
1. Tap "Home".
2. Choose a room.
3. Tap "Add New Device".
4. Tap "August".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your August account.
6. Tap the August lock you'd like to add to the room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions.