How does Brilliant work with August Locks?
Once you connect your August account to the Brilliant Control, the lock will be recognized by the Brilliant Control and you can assign it to a room. Yale and Emtek smart locks that are Connected by August are also compatible.
You can access your lock by:
- Tapping Home and visiting a room with the lock in it to unlock/lock
- Using Alexa once you have your Brilliant Alexa Experience set up AND have your August Alexa Skill enabled to unlock/lock your door.
- If Ring is also connected and someone rings the doorbell, you will see a notification with the ability to both talk to the person outside and unlock/lock from that menu.
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your August Lock.
- Controlling your August Lock from the Brilliant Mobile App remotely.
Setting up your August Lock with Brilliant
Before you begin, use the August app to setup your August Lock and August Connect. The August Connect Wifi Bridge is required to use August with Brilliant.
1. Tap "Home".
2. Choose a room.
3. Tap "Add New Device".
4. Tap "August".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your August account.
6. Tap the August lock you'd like to add to the room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions.
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your August device on Brilliant
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your August configuration on your Brilliant.
- If you have issues with your entire August Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your August device, follow instructions here.