How does Brilliant work with SmartThings?
Brilliant connects to and can control devices (lights and locks) using your SmartThings hub as listed here.
At this moment, we do not support the opposite (for SmartThings App to control the loads attached to your Brilliant).
Once you connect your SmartThings account to the Brilliant Control, we find your SmartThings devices, and you let us know what room it is in.
You can access your SmartThings devices by:
- Tapping Home and visiting a room with the SmartThings devices in it to control.
- Assigning a SmartThings Light to respond to your Slider or Screen Gesture.
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your SmartThings devices.
- Controlling your SmartThings devices from the Brilliant Mobile App remotely.
Setting up your SmartThings devices with Brilliant
After you've installed your Brilliant, get set up with your SmartThings devices by following the below directions.
1. Tap "Home".
2. Choose a room.
3. Tap "Add New Device".
4. Tap the option labeled with "SmartThings".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your SmartThings account.
6. Your Lights, Switches, and Locks connected to your SmartThings account will load.
7. Tap the devices you'd like to add to the room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions. NOTE: If a checkbox appears next to a device that is a light, please check this box during this step.
When you have already connected your SmartThings devices to Brilliant
If you have already connected your Brilliant to your SmartThings account and would like to add additional devices, please follow the directions in this article.