How does Brilliant work with SmartThings?
Brilliant connects to and can control devices (lights, switches, and locks) using your SmartThings hub as listed here.
At this moment, we do not support the opposite (for SmartThings App to control the loads attached to your Brilliant).
Once you connect your SmartThings account to the Brilliant Control, we find your SmartThings devices, and you let us know what room it is in.
You can access your SmartThings devices by:
- Tapping Home and visiting a room with the SmartThings devices in it to control.
- Assigning a SmartThings Light to respond to your Slider or Screen Gesture.
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your SmartThings devices.
- Controlling your SmartThings devices from the Brilliant Mobile App remotely.
Setting up your SmartThings devices with Brilliant
- Your SmartThings Devices must be able to be controlled from the Third Party Manufacturer's Mobile app (ex. Leviton, Lutron, LIFX).
- Your SmartThings Mobile App must be able to discover and control the devices. This may or may not require a SmartThings Hub.
Put simply: If your connected device works within your SmartThings mobile app AND is a light, lock, or switch it can be discovered by Brilliant.
Connecting your SmartThings devices using your SmartThings App and your Brilliant Control
If you have already connected your SmartThings devices to Brilliant
If you have already connected your Brilliant to your SmartThings account and would like to add additional devices, please skip the below and follow the directions in this article.
If this is the first time you are connecting your SmartThings devices to Brilliant
- Install your devices and set it up on the Manufacturer's Mobile App.
- On your Manufacturer's Mobile App: Verify that you can control your devices.
- Open your SmartThings Mobile App (iOS, Android).
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Create / Log into your Samsung account
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Add your Devices to your Samsung SmartThings App.
- On your SmartThings Mobile App: Verify that the devices are discovered and operating as expected on the SmartThings App.
- On your Brilliant Control: Tap on Home > [Select a Room] > Add Devices > SmartThings.
- On your Brilliant Control: You will be taken to a screen (webview) that allows you to log into your Samsung Account - Please log in.
- On your Brilliant Control: You will be asked which SmartThings connected devices can be discovered by Brilliant. This list will display within a webview on your Control, and should include all lights, switches, and locks that you have discovered on your SmartThings app in step #3.
- On your Brilliant Control: Confirm to authorize these devices from the SmartThings webview.
- On your Brilliant Control: You will be taken back through the add device flow to finish setting them up (by adding to rooms and any additional options).
- (Optional) On your Brilliant Control: If your device is a Light and would like it to show up as one, please select the checkbox that says indicates it is a light during this step.
- Your devices will now show up on Brilliant - both the control and mobile app, and you can use them as expected across sliders, scenes, and device control.
If you want to remove your SmartThings connected devices from Brilliant
Please follow directions listed here.