Set up Alexa Voice Assistant and Alexa Skills first
After you have completed the following steps, we can optimize your experience on your Brilliant for Alexa.
If you have not already done, so please complete the below by following directions in this article.
- Set up Alexa Voice Assistant on your Brilliant
- Set up Alexa to be able to control your connected loads on your Brilliant.
Optimize your Alexa Experience on your Brilliant
Alexa has a feature for creating groups across your devices. We have recommended steps below to help improve your Alexa experience in your Brilliant home:
- Open your Mobile Phone and open your Alexa app
- Tap on the right-most tap, called "Devices"
- On the top right, tap the "+" icon.
- Select "Add Group"
- Enter in your preferred name for the group, and then tap next.
- On the next screen, define your group by selecting all of your Alexa-Enabled Devices that you would like to control.
- You will be taken back to the main Devices screen in your Alexa App. Tap on the group you just created.
- Select the Preferred Speaker for this group (ex. a Sonos in your home)
- Now, if you had set up your Living Room, you can simply say a phrase like "Play Kanye West in my Living Room" OR "Turn on my lights in my Living Room" on your Brilliant!
Setting Alexa Volume on your Brilliant
Visit Settings > Interaction to adjust the volume on your Brilliant and Alexa experience.