How does Brilliant Integrate with TP-Link Kasa?
- Change light intensity for dimmable devices
- Color Control (only for color capable devices)
- Toggle On/Off
- Include these devices in your Brilliant Scenes
This integration allows you to control the mentioned TP-Link Kasa devices that are directly connected to your Brilliant Control as well as TP-Link Kasa devices that are located in other rooms.
Setting up TP-Link Kasa
Before connecting TP-Link Kasa devices to your Brilliant Control(s), please ensure that you have first set up your TP-Link Kasa devices in the Kasa Smart Apple and/or Google Play mobile apps. The devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Brilliant Control(s).
- Make sure your TP-Link device is ON
- Home screen > Bottom Tray > Add Device > Select TP-Link Kasa
- Follow the on-screen authentication instructions
- Brilliant Control will discover the available TP-Link Kasa products
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your TP-Link Kasa devices to your home
If Your TP-Link Kasa Light is Directly Connected to Your Brilliant Control
If you install your Brilliant Control in a location that is directly connected to a TP-Link Kasa light, we enable you to never have to worry about power being shut off to the TP-Link Kasa light. Just go to Settings > Light on your Brilliant control and reconfigure the light to "Always On", and assign the desired gesture or slider to control this light. Learn more here.
TP-Link Color Control
Brilliant allows you to change the color of your TP-Link Kasa lighting that supports color. Learn more about color control here.
LIFX Color Control in Brilliant Scenes
Through Brilliant Scenes, you can automatically set the color of your TP-Link Kasa lighting (as long as it supports color control). Learn more about color control here.
If Your TP-Link Kasa devices are Already Connected via SmartThings
If you currently have TP-Link Kasa lighting, light switches, or plugs connected to Brilliant via SmartThings, we recommend that you delete these devices from your Brilliant home and re-add them again following the instructions above.
This direct connection provides additional performance benefits.
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your TP-Link Kasa devices(s) with Brilliant
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your TP-Link configuration in your Brilliant home.
- If you have issues with your entire TP-Link Kasa Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant home.
- To re-assign rooms for your TP-Link Kasa devices, follow instructions here.