If you are having trouble connecting your Brilliant Smart Dimmer or Plug to your home, please try the following tips and troubleshooting steps.
Tip #1: Check Physical Distance Between Your Devices
During an install, it's important to keep a few things in mind when installing your switches - you want to make sure your devices (Brilliant Controls, Dimmers, or Plugs) are no greater than 50 feet apart from each other since they rely on Brilliant's mesh network to communicate with each other.
Tip #2: How long has it been since you finished installing your device?
If you've recently installed your switch, depending on your home, it make take up to 15 minutes for your Brilliant Smart Dimmer or Plug to come online to be controlled through either your mobile app or any Brilliant Control.
In case your device does not show up online after 15 minutes, please follow the instructions below:
- Tap on Setting (Gear Icon) on the Brilliant Control
- Go to Connectivity
- Select Updates in the top menu
- Scroll Down and Press Advanced
- Press View Mesh Diagnostics
- On the Mesh Diagnostics screen, find your Smart Dimmer or Plug
- Tap Edit Owner next to the Smart Dimmer or Plug, and then select the name of the control that's nearest to your device. Tap "Lock" to apply.
If none of the above works, please contact our support team:
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following:
- Description of the issue you are experiencing
- Distance between Smart Dimmer and nearest control