How does Brilliant work with Kwikset Halo Locks?
Once you connect your Kwikset account to the Brilliant Control, the lock will be discovered by the Brilliant Control and you can assign it to a room.
You can access your lock by:
- Tapping Rooms and visiting a room with the lock in it to unlock/lock.
- Using Alexa once you have your Brilliant Alexa Experience set up AND have your Kwikset Smart Home Alexa Skill enabled to unlock/lock your door.
- If Ring is also connected to Brilliant and someone rings the doorbell, you will see a notification with the ability to talk to the person outside and unlock/lock your Kwikset Halo Lock.
- Creating Scenes on your Brilliant that include your Kwikset Halo Lock.
- Controlling your Kwikset Halo Lock from the Brilliant Mobile App.
Setting up your Kwikset Halo Lock with Brilliant
Before you begin, use the Kwikset app to set up your Kwikset Halo Lock.
- Go to Brilliant Home Screen
- Tap "Add Device" on bottom tray
- Tap "Kwikset"
- Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your Kwikset account.
- Tap the Kwikset lock you'd like to add to Brilliant and follow the remaining screen setup instructions.
Note: If you have issues configuring or controlling your Kwikset device on Brilliant, please be sure that your Kwikset Halo Lock Firmware version and mobile app version are up-to-date. Please verify:
- Kwikset Mobile App Version: 1.2.0 or higher
- Kwikset Device Firmware Version: 02.05.2B.00 or higher
Kwikset Device Status
Jammed Lock or Unexpected State
If your lock is jammed or is in an unexpected state, the device status will change to "Attention Needed" and you will be unable to control your device.
In order to revert the device status back to its normal state on Brilliant, please address the event accordingly. Once the issue is resolved, the unlock/lock toggle will reappear and you will be able to control your Kwikset lock once again.
If your Kwikset device(s) battery is running low, the device status will change to "Low Battery". Please replace your device's batteries promptly as your device will go offline.
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your Kwikset device on Brilliant
- If you change your Kwikset account password, you will be required to re-link your Kwikset integration.
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your Kwikset configuration on your Brilliant.
- If you have issues with your entire Kwikset Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your Kwikset device, follow instructions here.