The following are all measures put in place by Brilliant to protect data and the privacy of our customers:
- All developer access to our infrastructure uses multifactor authentication.
- Our database is encrypted at rest.
- Our database backups are encrypted.
- All external communication is done over SSL.
- All Brilliant Command Center users must use multifactor authentication when setting up and accessing their accounts.
- We follow best practices for password storage by salting and hashing all passwords.
- We practice industry standards with regard to internal network access and permissions.
- We utilize an automated Threat Detection Service to alert us to any security threats against our system.
- Over-the-air updates distributed to Brilliant devices are cryptographically signed to verify integrity.
Additionally, Brilliant systems have also undergone a security audit from a respected external auditing firm. The Brilliant Control is also certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance which includes testing for compliance with industry best practices in secure Wi-Fi connections.