Notifications when someone rings your Ring doorbell
If someone rings the Ring doorbell, we will display a notification on the Brilliant Control that will allow the user to do one of three actions:
- Talk: Talk to a person on the other side of the Doorbell
- Lock/Unlock Door: Lock or unlock a smart lock that is connected to the Brilliant. Note that supported smart locks are denoted on the Integration Support page
- Dismiss: Dismiss the Notification
Any of Ring's doorbell's are supported (hardwired or battery powered) but we do not yet integrate with any of their other accessories.
Finding Ring Devices* in your Home
- During your setup of adding your Ring device* in your home, you assigned it to specific rooms.
- Please visit that room to find it. Currently, we only support interaction with your Ring device when there are notifications from a person ringing the doorbell.
Setting up your Ring Device* with Brilliant
Before you begin set up, make sure your Ring Device* is set up through your Ring app first and connected to the same Wifi as Brilliant.
- Tap "Home".
- Choose a room.
- Tap "Add New Device".
- Tap the option with "Ring".
- Follow the instructions on the screen to log into your Ring account.
- Follow the remaining screen setup instructions and note down which room(s) you have added the Ring device to.
* Ring Devices supported are denoted here