How does Brilliant integrate with Philips Hue?
We integrate with Philips Hue via their Philips Hue bridge and allow you to control Hue devices in the following ways:
- Light Intensity
- Light Color
- Toggle On/Off and Dimming
- Include Hue devices in your Brilliant Scenes
Setting up Philips Hue
Before you begin set up, make sure your Philips Hue is set up through your Philips Hue app first and connected to the same Wifi as Brilliant.
- Make sure your Philips Hue light is ON
- Tap Rooms > Choose a room
- Tap Add New Device > Philips Hue Lights/Bridge
- Follow the instructions on the next screen.
- Once the device is found tap Continue and follow the remaining steps on the screen
If Your Philips Hue Light is Directly Connected to Your Brilliant Control
If you install your Brilliant Control in a location that is directly connected to a Philips Hue light, we enable you to never have to worry about power being shut off to the Philips Hue light. Just go to Settings > Light on your Brilliant control and reconfigure the light to "Always On", and assign the desired gesture or slider to control this light.
Philips Hue Zones (Lighting Groups)
Brilliant supports Hue light zones on your Brilliant Control. Zones will be discovered in the same manner as your Hue bulbs (by going through the Add Device flow listed under "Setting up Philips Hue").
Philips Hue Color
Brilliant supports changing the color of your Hue light through your Brilliant Control. This feature is only compatible with Hue ambiance lights. Color control also works with Hue zones as long as the zone consists of at least one Hue ambiance light. Learn more about color control here.
Philips Hue Color Control in Brilliant Scenes
Through Brilliant Scenes, you can automatically set the color of your Philips Hue light. Learn more about this feature here.
Philips Hue Scene Import
This feature allows you to add preexisting Hue scene actions to your Brilliant Scene(s). Learn more about Hue Scene Import here.
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your Hue device on Brilliant
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your Hue configuration on your Brilliant.
- If you have issues with your entire Hue Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your Hue device, follow instructions here.