How does Brilliant Integrate with LIFX Smart Lights?
Brilliant connects to LIFX Wi-Fi LED Smart Lights and allows you to control LIFX lights in the following ways:
- Change light intensity / dimming
- Toggle On/Off
- Color Control
- Include LIFX lights in your Brilliant Scenes
This integration allows you to control LIFX lights that are directly connected to your Brilliant Control as well as LIFX lights that are located in other rooms.
Setting up LIFX
Before connecting LIFX lights to Brilliant, please ensure that you have first set up LIFX lighting using the LIFX mobile app. The lights should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Brilliant Control.
- Make sure your LIFX light is ON
- Tap Home > Choose a room
- Tap Add New Device > LIFX
- Brilliant will discover the available LIFX lights
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your LIFX lights to your home
If Your LIFX Light is Directly Connected to Your Brilliant Control
If you install your Brilliant Control in a location that is directly connected to a LIFX light, we enable you to never have to worry about power being shut off to the LIFX light. Just go to Settings > Light on your Brilliant control and reconfigure the light to "Always On", and assign the desired gesture or slider to control this light. Learn more here.
Support for using lighting groups that you have created using the LIFX mobile app is coming soon. Please stay tuned.
LIFX Color Control
Brilliant allows you to change the color of your LIFX light that supports color. Learn more about color control here.
LIFX Color Control in Brilliant Scenes
Through Brilliant Scenes, you can automatically set the color of your LIFX light. Learn more about color control here.
If Your LIFX Lights are Already Connected via SmartThings
If you currently have LIFX lights connected to Brilliant via SmartThings, we recommend that you delete these lights from your Brilliant home and re-add them again following the instructions above.
This direct connection will allow you to control your LIFX light color and provides additional performance benefits.
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your LIFX device on Brilliant
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your LIFX configuration on your Brilliant.
- If you have issues with your entire LIFX Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your LIFX device, follow instructions here.