How does Brilliant integrate with Sonos?
Once you connect a Brilliant Control over the same WiFi network as your Sonos, we find your Sonos, and you let us know what room it is in.
The Control in that room will now have the Music icon up top - just tap it and you’ll get all the Favorites available on your Sonos Account.
If you want to open a Spotify or Pandora channel, just make it a Sonos Favorite and it will show up on the Brilliant Control.
Brilliant supports Sonos Groups, so you can choose to play your selection on all the speakers in the group.
You can also control Sonos that are in other rooms, as long as they have been connected to the Brilliant Control and added to the rooms of your choice.
Setting up Sonos
Before you begin set up, make sure your Sonos is set up through your Sonos app first and connected to the same Wifi as Brilliant.
1. Tap "Add New Device" on the home page of your Control
2. Tap "Sonos Music".
3. A screen will pop up "Finding Devices".
4. Once the device is found click "Continue".
5. Tap the Sonos you'd like to add to the room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions.
Via Mobile App
1. Tap the Settings gear icon
2. Tap Works With
3. Tap Sonos
4. A screen will pop up "Finding Devices".
6. Once the device is found click "Continue".
7. Tap the Sonos you'd like to add to the room and follow the remaining screen setup instructions.
If you want music to appear and be browsable on your Brilliant Control, use the Sonos app to add songs, playlists, or stations from streaming services like Pandora and Spotify to your “My Sonos” account. Everything you select as a favorite in the Sonos app will be accessible on your Brilliant Control.
Sonos Now Playing Widget
Your Brilliant Control can display a Now Playing widget on the lock screen if there is a Sonos actively playing in the same room. Learn more about this widget here.
Sonos Group Management
You can group and ungroup Sonos devices in your home directly through your Brilliant Control(s). Learn more here.
Sonos S2 App and Operating System
Find out more about Sonos new S2 app and operating system here
Additional Options and Troubleshooting for your Sonos device on Brilliant
- Please visit Advanced Settings for your device to remove or reset your Sonos configuration on your Brilliant.
- If you have issues with your entire Sonos Integration, please try resetting the entire integration and re-adding your devices to your Brilliant.
- To re-assign rooms for your Sonos device, follow instructions here.